Monday, August 16, 2010

Good Report From Cardiologist

I thought I would post an update since it's been about 3 weeks since my last one.

I saw my cardiologist on Friday and he gave me a good report as far as my heart function is concerned. There seems to be no problems with my heart function as a result of the cardiac arrest; of course, I still have the original cautions which are a part of the problems that accompany the heart disease, transposition of the great arteries (TGA), with which I was born and which did cause the heart attack.

I began walking on my treadmill last week. I gave up trying to walk outside because of the heat! It takes me 20 minutes to walk a mile (I did have a 13-14 minute mile), but hey, I CAN walk. I am thankful that I am able to start exercising again. And, I have cut my nap time down to one a day. Yahoo!!

I still do not have clear vision when I look down, try to read, etc. I will see my eye doctor in a couple of weeks and maybe then will get the prescription which will correct that problem. I have not been released to return to work, of course.

I have 2-3 more doctor appointments over the next few days, so I will post an update in a week or so if there are any changes to report.

For those of you who have been praying for me, I say thank you and please continue to pray for my full recovery. I know God is at work in my life and you have been a part of it. Thank you so much.

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurable more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him e glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." Ephesians 3:20-21

1 comment: